Children and Family Manager
Children and Family Manager - DSL: Judith Beaumont
Direct number: 01484 223818
I am the Designated Senior Lead (DSL). I am the lead for child protection and safeguarding. I am also the main contact for Prevent.
I work closely with parents/carers to promote the development of positive family/school relationships and to offer information and advice on a range of issues such as: Attendance, Home life issues, Behaviour, Healthy eating, Parenting, Medication.
If you need any support or just a listening ear, please contact me on the telephone number provided above.
Pupils & Parents are supported in all aspects of welfare by the Children and Family Manager. The behaviour support team in school gives pupils support and encourages positive behaviour.
Support is provided for pupils experiencing difficulties engaging with learning, where advice & contacts with other agencies is provided to parents and carers
Coffee mornings are held regularly and cover a range of different, relative topics with occasional visiting speakers. These mornings are run by the Children and Family Manager.
We encourage parents to be involved in the life of the school.
We strongly believe in the value of our pupils, parents and carers and the wider community working together to provide the best education for all of our pupils.
To ensure that this takes place we have:
- An extensive reporting system that considers the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- Parents’ evenings, where parents/guardians/carers can meet the staff and discuss all aspects of their child’s progress and welfare in school.
- School social evenings with a disco are held where parents can meet each other and meet staff in a social setting.
- Fundraising events, where staff and parents can work together for the benefit of the school.
- An open-door policy where, if parents/carers wish to discuss any aspect of their child’s development, they are welcome to meet with the staff in school by making an appointment with the Support Team or teaching staff via the school main office.